We are in a new era of social voting and reviews! What are you doing to take full advantage of this trend to get patients?
I released a chiropractic marketing report a short time ago at PracticeBuildingCenter.com that explained the overwhelming evidence that I am seeing that Google (and other search engines) are putting great weight in what I am calling “Social Signals.”
Is the Internet Shifting from “Most Popular” in the Eyes of Google, to “Most Popular” in the Eyes of the People?
Yes, absolutely. In the past, things like backlinks and sheer numbers of backlinks would often mean ranking tops in the SERPS (Search Engines.) However, over the past several months since Google’s infamous Panda update, we are seeing more evidence that Social Signals are forming the base – the core – of what will rank a chiropractic website in the coming months/year.
What Are Examples of These Social Signals?
- The number of Chiropractic Patient “Reviews” about Your Practice, eg. Social Votes!
- Do you have a fully built-out Google Places and Bing Local page for your practice?
- Does google see that you also have an F.A.Q. series of helpful videos listed on YouTube? Hint – Google OWNS YouTube.
- Further, do some of those videos have comments, votes, and other social proof to show their popularity?
- Are people social bookmarking your chiropractic website(s) and blog?
- Do you have a Facebook Like Button on your website and how many people have “liked” your site?
- Same goes for the Google +1 button. Remember, these are now counted as “votes of popularity.”
What Actions Can You Take Today?
First, make sure you’re building an email list using a service such as Aweber and place all existing patients on your email list.
Then, create a short series of auto responder emails that go out automatically to each person on your email list.
These short series will encourage people to…
- Visit your website and click the Facebook “like” button and Google +1 button
- Encourage/ask them to visit your google places page, yelp, Judy’s Book etc and post a positive review for you.
- Use a social bookmarking service such as SocialADR to make it appear as though your website is growing in social popularity.
Exactly 8 Social Signals
There are exactly 8 social signals in total that I have identified in my special report, but that is a good start. The chiropractic marketing landscape continues to change. Social Signals are the future, if you want to get patients from the internet.